To evaluate the efficacy, safety and tolerability of fixed dose combination of Telmisartan (40mg) and Rosuvastatin (10mg) in the treatment of hypertension with dyslipidemia in Indian population.
Single arm, multi-centric, non comparative, observational study.
- The participant diagnosed with grade 1 or grade 2 essential hypertension.
- Sitting systolic blood pressure of ~ 130 mmHg and < 180 mmHg or sitting diastolic blood pressure of ~ 80 mmHg and < 110 mmHg at the start of the treatment period.
- LDL- C between 130 mg/dL and 250 mg/dL.
- Written informed consent to participate in the trial.
- No change in diet/exercise therapy during the 3 months before the informed consent In a subject who has been on diet/ exercise therapy and instructed to improve life style. (e.g., diet and exercise)
- Age ≥ 18 years at the time of consent.
- Patients with hypertension ( ie sitting systolic blood pressure 180mmHg or sitting diastolic blood pressure ≥110 mmHg), secondary hypertension, or malignant hypertension.
- Patients with ≥ 70% luminal stenosis or requiring percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- Severely calcified coronary artery.
- Patients who have a history of previous PCI or coronary artery bypass grafting surgery.
- History of hypersensitivity to Telmisartan or Rosuvastatin.
- Currently participating in any other clinical study.
- Pregnant women, or breast feeding women.